ISO 31000 Certification Training - Africa
Risk management is a priority for any organisation or business. It’s easy to see why: the better you manage risks, the higher your performance. You’re better equipped to deal with change and take informed decisions, gain the confidence of stakeholders and grow. Since its launch in 2009, helping organisations achieve those goals has been the objective of the ISO 31000 standard, which has been revised in 2018.
Updated in February 2018, the ISO 31000 standard has a major impact on organisations everywhere. It does not only provide best practices, structure and guidance for risk management professionals; it is also important for a wide range of other business roles. After all, risk management now is a key component of all management system standards that apply the High-Level Structure (HLS). As such, this standard benefits every manager.
ISO 31000 Foundations Level - CRMF® Certification
This course enables participants to become Professionals certified in Risk Management according to the ISO 31000 Standard (Foundations level).
In this intensive three-day course, participants develop competence in the foundations of the ISO 31000 Risk Management Standard. Based on in-depth teaching, practical exercises and quiz questions that test their aptitude, participants acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and understanding to pass the stringent GNIC exam. They do so by becoming familiar with the vocabulary, principles, framework and the Risk Management Process proposed in the ISO 31000 Standard. During the course, we will present the ISO 31000 Risk Management Principles and Guidelines in its entirety, and some of its companion, the IEC 31010:2019 Risk Assessment Techniques.
- To understand the vocabulary, principles, framework and risk management process in accordance with ISO 31000.
- To understand the benefits of ISO 31000 as an internationally-recognized standard adopted by more than 50 countries.
- To acquire the competence to communicate effectively about ISO 31000 with people having different backgrounds and experience in risk management.
- Day 1:
- Introduction To Risk and Risk Management Concepts
- Understand the risk management vocabulary as defined by ISO 31000
- Understand the benefits of risk management to an organization
- Understand the ISO 31000 risk management principles and how they influence the risk management framework and process
- A quiz and review on the elements learned during the day4
- Day 2:
- The Risk Management Framework And Process
- Understand the risk management framework at a high level o Detailed presentation of the risk management process
- Communication and consultation
- Establishing the context
- Risk identification, risk analysis, risk evaluation
- Risk treatment
- Monitoring and review
- Many risk assessment tools recommended in IEC/ISO 31010 o A quiz and review on the elements learned during the day
- Day 3:
- Risk Management Process Continued, Overall Review And Certification Exam
Review: Testing your knowledge with sample exam questions Information regarding the validation procedure by GNIC regarding certifications Exam to become “Professionals certified in Risk Management according to the ISO 31000 Standard” (Foundations Level) Multiple choice, 80 questions, duration: 2 hours
No preliminary knowledge is required. Common sense helps and it is a fact that attendees will benefit from reading the ISO 31000 Risk Management Standard before the course, especially the vocabulary, the principles, the framework and the process proposed in the ISO 31000 standard.
Our training is based both on theory and practical examples, aiming to integrate the personal cases of the participants as examples for this course.
- Lectures include examples from real-life scenarios.
- Numerous quiz questions to assist with exam preparation.
- A limited number of participants is allowed so that all may benefit from the learning and interactions with peers.
EXAM AND CERTIFICATION
The exam to become a ‘Professionals certified in Risk Management according to the ISO 31000 Standard (Foundations level)’ meets the requirements of ISO/IEC 17024 standard designed to harmonize the certification process of personnel worldwide. The exam covers the five following competence domains:
- Fundamental concepts
- Terms and definitions
- Principles of Risk Management
- The Risk Management Framework
- The Risk Management Process